The change of the purpose of stay (i.e. from student visa to visa for the purpose of employment) must be notified and applied at the Foreigner Department. For successful application you will need:
- It is necessary to write in Czech language an application (letter) describing the reason why it is needed to change the present status ("Změna účelu pobytu). Do not forget to mention the dates from which you apply for the new status.
- Work permit . If the applicant does not have a Work Permit yet, it is possible to apply at the Foreigner department with other documents and to interrupt the process until the Work Permit is granted.
- Contract of Accommodation (dates must be the same as at the Work Permit)
- Criminal Record from the Czech Republic
- 2 photos
- stamp for CZK1.000,--
- fill in an application form (green colour - change of purpose of stay - "Změna účelu pobytu")
The employment visa should cover for one week the previous purpose of stay.