International students can study at UWB either in the short period study stays (e.g. Erasmus+) or in the following study programmes depending on their language abilities:
1. Short study programmes:
Programme Free movers (students supported by different national or international scholarships)
Students who wish to come within the Erasmus+ programme should ask about study conditions at their home university.
2. Full study programmes:
Study Programmes in the Czech language
Parallel Study Programmes in English
Students who would like to study in the Czech language have the same conditions as Czech students and are not required to pay the tuition fee (does not apply for students who already graduated from the Czech university!).
Students wishing to study Parallel Study Programmes in English are required to pay the tuition fee.
The University of West Bohemia takes part at various international students´fairs. The reperesentatives will be happy to meet prospective students at the following events:
- Azerbaijan International Education Exhibition, Baku Expo Center, 10 – 12 October 2019
- International Education Fair, Kazakhstan, Astana, Shymkent, Almaty, Atyrau, Uralsk, Aktobe, 5 – 16 October 2019
- China Education Expo, Guangzhou, Chengdu, 22 – 24 October 2019
- Ukrainian international fair «EDUCATION ABROAD”, Kiev, Kharkiv, Dnipro, 15 – 19 November 2019
Special services for international students include:
Introductory / orientation week to the life at UWB and in Pilsen
Accompanied assistance provided by the International Office, e.g. visits to institutions, offices, banks etc.
Assistance in matters concerning every-day life and accommodation in student dormitories
Czech language lessons offered to international students while studying at UWB
All activities are provided by student´s organisation ESN Pilsen
Applying for a visa
STUDENT MODE – a concept for facilitating the visa procedure for a specific group of students from third countries.
On 22 May 2017, the Government of the Czech Republic approved the project "Student Mode". The aim of the Student Mode is to facilitate the visa/stay process for selected students-foreigners who are admitted to study at Universities in the Czech Republic and at the same time they are enrolled in the Student Mode.
Realization of Student Mode:
- The university selects the students and submits the application in electronic form to the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports.
- When a student is enrolled in the Mode, the relevant Embassy contacts the student and sets the date for submission of the application.
- If a student does not attend or apply for a long-term visa for a study that does not meet the eligibility requirements, he / she will not receive a substitute term but will have to apply again for inclusion at the Mode.
- In the case of an incomplete application for a long-term visa for the study purposes, this application will not be accepted on grounds of inadmissibility.
- In the case, the student will submit an incomplete application for a long-term residence permit for study purposes, the applicant will be asked to add missing data/documents.
Contact for international students at UWB:
University of West Bohemia
Erasmus+ and Free movers Programmes:
International students advisor:
email@example.com, tel.: +420 377 63 57 67